By accessing, browsing or otherwise using our website, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy. Personal information is any information which identifies you including, for example, your name, email address, contact details etc.
ACTIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
Castle Green Hotel collects personal information that you voluntarily provide via the website/ telephone in order to process your reservation with us. For example, when using the Enquiry Form we may ask you to provide your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, diet or disability information so we can adequately respond to your request. This is not an exhaustive list and we may ask for additional information as relevant from time to time.
If you do not want to receive information in this way then you should leave the relevant checkbox (“Keep in Touch” on the Feedback and Enquiry form) unchecked when we ask for your consent to do this. You may otherwise email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate that you do not want to receive information in this way from us.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
As you navigate through the site, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and web logs
INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) ADDRESSES AND WEB LOGS
An IP address is assigned to your computer each time that you access the Internet. This enables your computer to send and receive data. Generally, every time you connect to the Internet, your IP address changes. However, in some circumstances (i.e. with some broadband connections) your IP address is fixed. A fixed IP address can be associated with your particular computer and may, therefore, amount to your personal information.
Web log information is non-personal information that is collected by the computer that hosts the site each time you visit. Examples of the type of information that can be collected using your IP address and/or web log information include details of the date and time that you visited the site and the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you used. We, or our authorised agents, use your IP address and/or web log information to collect and report aggregate information on how the site is being used and ways in which the site can be improved.
COOKIES & GOOGLE ANALYTICS
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information:
- to respond to your questions or requests for additional information
- to provide you with information that you have specifically requested or that we have asked if you would like to receive
- for internal analysis so that we can better understand how we can improve our site, products and services
- to request customer feedback regarding your experience at the Hotel
Castle Green Hotel, is an associate member of Interchange and Consort Hotels Limited trading as Best Western Hotels GB. We are managed by Legacy Hotels & Resorts who act as a disclosed agent on behalf of the hotel and we share our customer data with them for administrative purposes. Best Western GB & Legacy Hotels may wish to contact you with information about special offers and other marketing communications. These preferences will be taken on check in at the hotel. For further information on how Best Western GB & Legacy Hotels will process your personal data, please visit their Privacy Policies Best Western & Legacy Hotels.
By signing up to our mailing list on this website your information will be shared with Legacy Hotels and the Hotel to provide you with special offers about Castle Green and it’s sister properties.
Castle Green uses an email software provider, Horizon, to deliver our email marketing. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email marketing. For more information, please see Horizon’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of day by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our or Legacy Hotels emails or by emailing email@example.com
On occasion we may use your response to our email marketing campaigns to continue to communicate to you on social media sites eg Facebook. To opt out of this you need to unsubscribe from our email marketing via one of our emails.
If you choose to connect with us via social media linke (eg Facebook, Twitter) we may collect your user name, your name including surname, email address, your gender and location.
GUEST WIFI AT THE HOTEL
Our guest Wi-Fi service is provided by Key Solutions Ltd. If you choose to use the service to access web sites or content provided by third parties or purchase products from third parties, then your personal information may be available to the third-party provider. The way third parties handle and use your personal information related to the use of their services is governed by their policies. Castle Green Hotel has no responsibility for their policies, or third parties’ compliance with them. Our guest wireless/wired systems use radio channels or local area networks to transmit voice and data communication information; privacy therefore cannot be guaranteed, and castle Green Hotel shall not be liable to you for any lack of privacy you experience while using the service.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may use our suppliers to perform functions on our behalf in relation to the site and the purposes set out in this policy (for example, website hosting, customer service surveys). Such suppliers may be provided with access to your personal information if needed to perform their specific functions, but may not use such information for any other purpose.
As a business, we rely on a few third parties services to make sure we are efficient and effective. For example we use WeddingDates and Best Western Meeting enquiry widgets and Ibookedonline to administer our gift voucher programme. GDPR compliance is a prerequisite in our vendor selection process.
Where we use contracted and trusted third parties to facilitate our provision of services and offers, we will also share your data with those parties for that purpose. This includes the processing and delivery of marketing communications to you, processing review and upgrade services and any other third party services engaged to perform a business support, operational or administrative function.Third parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and may only use your personal data to perform the necessary functions and not for other purposes.
It is possible that Castle Green Hotel could merge with or be acquired by another business or that the operation of the website will be transferred or sub-contracted to another legal entity. To the extent legally permissible, we may share with, or otherwise transfer your personal information to, the resulting legal entity.
Except as set out above, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- we have informed you about the disclosure when you submitted your information to us and you consented to the disclosure
- you have booked via a third party website (eg Booking.com, Best Western) where your information will be shared with Best Western GB only
- the disclosure is required or permitted by law or by court order
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information as you visit and use the website and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result we cannot warrant the security of any information you provide to us and you do so at your own risk.
We advise that you follow general internet security guidelines:
- Always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session, especially if you are using a computer or terminal in a public location.
- Keep your online account passwords private. Our online accounts are intended for single guest use and link information provided to your guest record.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained are best avoided for passwords.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be Castle Green Hotel asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond. You can contact our Reception Team to report it or if you are unsure.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Your personal information is stored on secure servers managed by Thought Studio Limited t/a The Creative Branch. Information collected from the use of the site, including personal information, may be stored on secure servers located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in countries whose privacy laws are not as rigorous as those of the EEA. However, we always take steps to ensure the security of your data. By using the site, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside the EEA.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.Should you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list or if your membership expires, please note that your personal data may still be retained on our database to the extent permitted by law.
If you would like to access the personally identifiable information we have collected about you via the website, or throughout your stay with us, if you would like to cancel, correct or update your information, you may:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact us by post at: Castle Green Hotel, Castle Green Lane, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 6RG
To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any such cancellations, corrections or updates.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time. Changes to this policy will be posted on this site. Your continued subscription to or use of the site constitutes your acceptance of the policy as revised. It is your responsibility to review the policy frequently. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy.
Reviewed December 2018
Cookies are small text files downloaded onto your device from websites you browse. Generally they are used to improve your experience when browsing a site. Here’s some information on the type of cookies used on this website.
FIRST PARTY COOKIES
First party cookies are cookies set by castlegreen.co.uk and can only be read by castlegreen.co.uk.
TYPES OF FIRST PARTY COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
FIRST PARTY SESSION COOKIES
First party session cookies are stored by castlegreen.co.uk temporarily during a browsing session, and are deleted when you close your browser.
castlegreen.co.uk uses First Party Session Cookies.
First party cookies on this website are used to give a more seamless browsing experience, and to store details about a user if they log into the administration area of the Content Management System (CMS).
If you wish to disable these cookies, we recommend you do so by disabling them directly within your browser. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do so.
Disabling these cookies may result in a slight degradation in the browsing experience of the site, and – in the case of registered administrators of the CMS – result in not being able to log in to the administration area.
FIRST PARTY PERSISTENT COOKIES
First party persistent cookies are stored by a website for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are used where a website needs to remember your preferences, for example, for more than one browsing session, and automatically apply them the next time you visit the site.
castlegreen.co.uk does not use first party persistent cookies.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third Party Cookies are set by organisations other than castlegreen.co.uk. For example, we use a third party analytics service (Google Analytics) which will set cookies to perform this service. They can be either session or persistent cookies.
This website may also contain content embedded from, for example, YouTube which can set it’s own (third party) cookies. See below for more information on Third Party Cookies.
Web pages on the site may occasionally include embedded YouTube videos. Where this occurs, YouTube can drop standard, and flash-based, cookies to collect analytical information. If you wish to disable these cookies, we recommend you do so by disabling them directly within your browser. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do so.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about your site usage to help us improve services and better understand user requirements.
If you wish to disable these cookies, there are a couple of ways to do so:
- By disabling them directly within your browser. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do so.
- By installing the Google opt-out browser add in. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to download this.
Disabling these cookies will have no impact on your user experience, and will only result in anonymous information about your site usage not being collected.
GOOGLE MAPS AND GOOGLE API
This website may use embedded Google Maps and the Google API to enhance site content. Google capture some information as you view a map on their servers, to remember options and preferences such as location, zoom level or type of map, but some analytical information is also transferred about usage.
If you wish to disable these cookies, we recommend you do so by disabling them directly within your browser. Please see the link at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to do so.
Disabling these cookies may result in embedded Google Maps not being displayed correctly (or at all) and not remembering preferences such as location, zoom level or type of map.
FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND GOOGLE+ SOCIAL SHARING
When you use one of the social share buttons on the castlegreen.co.uk website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through.
Castle Green Hotel does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these cookies. Links are available at the foot of this page.
- Disabling Cookies in your browser
- Facebook Help Centre – Cookies, Pixels, and Similar Technologies
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Download Page
Please do not use this website if you do not agree with these terms and conditions.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the www.castlegreen.co.uk (“Website”) which is operated by Castle Green Hotel (“We”/“Us”). By accessing or using the Website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions as they may be modified and posted from time to time.
- Without prejudice to the above, by using the Website, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions of use as they apply to your use of the Website.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- In addition, the following also applies to all messages, e-mails, bulletin board postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted by you to Us (“Content”): you must own or have the right to submit Content for publication on the Website and all Content submitted by you must be legal, honest, decent and truthful and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, standards or codes of practice; and you must ensure that all Content submitted to Us does not infringe copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trade mark or any other rights of any third party, nor be obscene, abusive, threatening, libelous or defamatory of any person; and must ensure that the Content does not advertise or otherwise solicit for funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; We have the right to monitor Content and may edit, reject or remove Content if We believe it does not comply with the above and, in particular, We reserve the right to block incoming e-mails and other Content if We believe that their content is or may be inappropriate or otherwise does not comply with the above.
- You have sole responsibility for the Content which you submit to Us and you shall indemnify and shall keep Us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against all actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Us and arising directly or indirectly out of the publication of Content submitted by you to Us.
- You warrant and undertake that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by these terms and conditions, including without limitation the posting or transmitting of any libelous, defamatory; inflammatory or obscene material. If you breach these terms and conditions then your permission to use this Website terminates immediately without the necessity of any notice being given to you. We retain the right to deny access to any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
MODIFICATIONS AND ALTERATIONS TO THE WEBSITE
- We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website, the content or services or products available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, any new features including new content, our provision of new products or services, or resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Please note that the Website may contain typographical errors or other inaccuracies.
You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of, and for protecting the confidentiality of, any email verification number and password that may be given to you or selected by you for use on the Website. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify Us immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding the Website which comes to your attention.
APPLICABILITY OF ONLINE MATERIALS
- Unless otherwise specified all content and materials published on the Website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use.
- The Website is controlled and operated by Us from our offices in England. We make no representations that the materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who visit the Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of this Website and/or viewing of it, or use of any material or content on the Website or services, or products offered through the Website are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to view or use the Website and you must exit immediately.
- Where content published on the Website is supplied by third parties, you understand that We do not control or endorse their content in any way. All such content which is offered by third parties that are not affiliated with or otherwise connected with Us, is published in good faith but We do not in any circumstances accept responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such content published (on or off-line) and the use of such content.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- All content, materials and information on the Website are provided on an “as is” basis and you assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Website and use of all information contained within it.
- To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, We do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the Website or any information, service or product provided through the Website.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, We accept no liability for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Website or its contents whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Castle Green Hotel or our servants, agents or any other person or entity.
- If We are liable to you for any reason (other than death or personal injury arising from our negligence), our liability will be limited to £100.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, Castle Green Hotel does not attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence in any way.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Website and is compatible with the Website. You also understand that We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from the Website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for taking sufficient precautions and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE
The contents of the Website are protected by intellectual property rights. The owner of these rights is Castle Green Hotel, its affiliates, or other third party licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned in the Website may be the trade marks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including Us. You may print individual pages of content on paper (but not photocopy them) only for the purposes of making use of our service but otherwise you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from the Website including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent except in order to complete any survey or questionnaire.
We make no representations whatsoever about any other websites which you may access through the Website or which may link to the Website. When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from www.castlegreen.co.uk and that We have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, a link to any other site does not mean that We endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other web or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its respective site administrator or web master.
AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE
We will try to make the Website available but cannot guarantee that the Website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, Website, router or any other Internet connected device.
- We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions.
- We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on the Website, following which all use of the Website will be governed by that version.
- If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from them and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
- Any failure or delay by Us enforcing an obligation or exercising a right, under this Agreement, does not amount to a waiver of that obligation or right or any other obligation or right.
- You acknowledge that they have not entered into these terms and conditions in reliance on any statement or representation, except in so far as the representation has been incorporated into these terms and conditions. You irrevocably and unconditionally waive any right you may have to claim damages and/or to rescind these terms and conditions by reason of any misrepresentation (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation) not contained in these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and your use of the Website are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
All notices shall be given by e-mail to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to Us. A notice will be deemed received 24 hours after an e-mail is sent or 3 days after the date of posting.